Fall/Winter rolls in and so do the beads, and sequins. The opulence in fashion surrounds us in the collections from Louis Vuitton, Versace, Nina Ricci, Ralph Lauren, and Valentino. Nice to know there are make believe places in the world that don’t have budgets or recessions. Ahh the life…
If you’re not adding an embroidered, beaded or embellished piece to your wardrobe you can pick up on this trend by piling on the pearls and big bold jewelry. Tis the season to be lavish and over the top. Screw minimalist.
Two consistent elements of fashion that remain relevant and timeless are leopard prints (or any animal print) and lace. Together or separate they bring a sense of luxury and rawness.
Lace has always been associated with femininity which is why it works so well with menswear type fabrics, and leathers. You can make any outfit work simply by paring either a vintage lace camisole, scarf with a strong anchor fabric. Every top designer this season from Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Michael Kors, Dolce &Gabbana showed these elements in their collections.
What makes these fashion elements so strong is you can bring together a fresh new look, and It’s a look that can be done on any budget. This is going to be a season where it’s easy to be fashionable. Lace and Leopard are wardrobe staples, these pieces are equivalent to the little black dress. These are building blocks on which to build a wardrobe on.
2. Rose gold lace Christian Louboutin - Some serious A*% kicking shoes. These look good with EVERYTHING but even better naked.
3.Bagatelle LA - The thought of the truffled roast chicken and vegetables from last week’s dinner has me drooling.
4. Chanel Reverse Silver - minx nails
5. Simple things - Salted Caramel pie with fresh whip cream (I sat outside the cafe and didn’t care if anyone thought I was a fatty pattatie while I ate two small pies.)
6. Perfume C from Clive Christian- OMG. It’s on my wish list – the short one. $298.00
7. Tavera Tony’s in Malibu- Tony’s the host with the most he will treat you grandly. He will transport you to sea side in Greece, only this time you will be seated next to Bruce Willis, Pamela Anderson, Jerry Weintraub….
8. The Ivy on Robertson- Forget that it’s the celebrity mecca and every publicist sends their clients to get photographed- the food is amazingly good. You must try the Ivy Gimlet, the lobster with pasta, the vegetable chop salad.
9. Rain Organics lavender Vodka $23.00 – Im the dinner guest who shows up with this vodka hoping you will serve it. Its great with lemonade.
10. Wing Stop- Great buffalo style wings from spicy to barbecue style with all the trimmings blue cheese, celery, ranch dressing grab a bucket and a case of beer for a poolside no hassle barbecue.
10.H Hermes Constance bag- I COVET this.
11. Rigaud Green Candle- This intense pine pedigree scent candle. It separates the men from the boys so to speak. A different kind of pine scent not like a Christmas candle. I LOVE this candle. $80.00.
12. Tres Glam anti-envy black diamond eye bracelet- You can see this bracelet on the High Maintenance Blonde header. Won’t leave home without it. How do you spell DIVINE. Interested in it? email firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. “The Art of Seduction” by Robert Greene – I plan on having some fun this weekend.